DIY Fly Fishing's Weekly Tips
Welcome to another "5-Bullet Friday", in which we feature the best fly fishing & fly tying tips from around the web.
- How to Fish Streamers in the Riffles – George Daniel provides some killer tips on how to fish streamers in riffles where big trout often hang out. via Fly Fisherman. I learned a bunch in this article and you will too. Read the Article.
- 7 Tips For Making Better Backhand Fly Casts – If you're struggling to make a backhand fly cast these 7 tips from Louis Cahill will help you get your head on straight and the fly line where it's suppose to go. via Gink & Gasoline. Read the Article.
- Think Like a Trout & Catch More Fish – Sometimes we over think things. A trout's life is pretty simple. Eat, conserve energy and stay alive. Tom Keer teaches us how to use this knowledge to our advantage and catch more fish. via Take Me Fishing. Read the Article.
- [Video] How to Tie a Blood Knot in Under 7 Seconds – Chris Fave dropped a bomb on the fly fishing world this week with his top secret method of how to tie a blood knot in seconds. What's his secret? Watch the video and find out. Watch the Video.
- There is NO “Correct” Casting Style, So Find Your Own – I hate to break it to you (especially if you are new to fly fishing) but there is no "Correct" way to cast. Phil Monahan explains the single most important factor in fly casting – and it ain't style. Via MidCurrent. Read the Article.