Welcome to “5-Bullet Friday”, in which we feature the best fly fishing & fly tying tips from around the web.
- 15 Pieces of Dirt Cheap Gear Every Angler Should Own – From fishing tools, to BBQ wipes and paint strainers, Louis Cahill runs down a list of 15 inexpensive pieces of gear every angler should own. Via Gink & Gasoline.
- Learn How to Roll Cast (the right way) – I just learned more about rolling casting in this 5 minute and 9 second video short from ‘Casts that Catch Fish’ than in my 30 years flailing about on the water. Watch the Video…
- 8 Tips for Line Management in the Salt – Sean Visintainer provides some great tips that will help you keep from getting your line tangled and missing a shot at that fish of a lifetime. Via SAGE.
- 5 Ways to Get More Hook-Ups When Fishing Tiny Flies – Phil Monahan provides some not so obvious ways to increase hook-ups when fishing tiny flies. Via Orvis News.
- 4 New Fly Tying Materials You Should Know About – Andy McKinley profiles Kreelex and a number of new materials from Semper Fli. Via Duranglers.