Welcome to another “5-Bullet Friday”, in which we feature the best fly fishing & fly tying tips from around the web.
- Pro Tip: How to Get a New Fly Line for less than $5 – Having troubling casting? When is the last time you cleaned your fly line? Louis Cahill shares his method for making an old fly line cast like new in under 2 minutes and for less than $5. Via Gink & Gasoline. Read Article.
- [Video] How to Build a Tooth-Proof Wire Leader – If you fly fish for toothy critters such as Mako Sharp, Blue Fish, Barracuda, Pike, Pickerel, etc. you need a tough leader. Fly fishing pro Conway Bowman shows us how to create a bite-proof leader from stainless steel wire. Via Orvis News. Watch Video.
- Top 10 Casting Errors… And How To Fix Them – From the Looper to the Gun Slinger to the Sidewinder, the Limp Wrister and more, Zach Mathews covers the top 10 casting mistakes that are sure to make for shitty day on the water. Via Itinerant Angler. Read Article.
- [Video] How to Tie a Non Slip Loop Knot – Looking to impart more action to your fly? Learn how to tie the Non Slip Loop Knot and make your streamers come to life. Watch Video.
- 5 Tips for Fishing During Runoff – It is that time of year when spring runoff is starting in the West. Some folks are put off by high murky water but you stand a chance to land some big fish under these conditions. Fly fishing guide Doc Thompson tells us how. Read Article.