Welcome to another “5-Bullet Friday”, in which we feature the best fly fishing & fly tying tips from around the web.
- What to Pack for a Fishing Trip – Fly fishing guide Charlie Robinton provides some great tips and a simple checklist to help you remember all that you will need for your next fishing trip. Read Article
- [Video] How to Get Your Fly Out of a Tree – It’s gonna happen eventually: you’re going to get your fly stuck in a tree. So, what’s the best way to get your fly back without breaking it off? Pennsylvania fly-fishing guide Kurt Thomas offers an ingenious solution to this problem. Watch Video
- [Video] How to Use a GoPro to Take Fish-Friendly Photos – Taking good pictures of fish when fishing by yourself is hard to do and can be tough on the fish. Tim Flagler of Tightline Productions shares some tips on how to rig and use a GoPro to make this a whole lot easier. Watch Video
- [Video] How to Set the Hook – If you are struggling with hooking up with fish when they hit your fly, check of these great tips from Phil Monahan and the good folks at Orvis. Watch Video
- [Video] How to Tie Big Ben’s Brown Bugger – If you are a fan of woolly bugger or leech patterns then you’ll like this streamer pattern. It’s big, it’s buggy, and it catches fish. Watch Video