Welcome to another “5-Bullet Friday”, in which we feature the best fly fishing & fly tying tips from around the web.
- [Video] How to Make a Curved Cast – There will be times when you’ll need to cast around a rock or tricky current to get a good float and you’ll need to curve your fly cast to do so. Orvis fly-fishing instructor Pete Kutzer shares with us his Jedi mind tricks to get your fly line and fly to do just that. Learn how is this fly casting tutorial. Watch Video
- [Video] How to Dye CDC Feathers – If you are into fly tying then sooner or later you will be tempted to starting dying your own feathers (it just happens). Davie McPhail (my favorite fly tyer on YouTube) is here to show you how to do it right. Watch Video
- [Video] How to Tie the Squirrel and Herl Bugger – If the dog days of summer have you thinking about cool fall days and slinging meaty streamers to aggressive Browns, then the Squirrel and Herl Bugger will be right up your alley. Watch Video
- 4 Proven Ways to Fish Streamers – Did you know there is more than 1 way to fish a streamer? Well there are. If you’re going to tie up some Squirrel and Herl buggers why not learn a few different ways to fish it? Read Article
- [Video] How to Tie Davy Wotton’s Catchall Caddis – Davy Wotton is a living legend in the fly fishing and fly tying world who has forgot more about fly fishing than I’ll ever know. His flies are miniature works of art and his Catchall Caddis is one of his go to Caddis soft hackles. I’m not crazy about the music in this video but getting a glimpse at how Davy ties this pattern is priceless. Watch Video
Enjoy and have a great weekend!