DIY Fly Fishing’s Weekly Tips
Welcome to another “5-Bullet Friday”, in which we feature the best fly fishing & fly tying tips from around the web.
- [Video] How to Dry a Fly with a Rubber Band – Have you been whipping your fly to death to dry it off, like I have been for the past 40 years? Give your fly a break and watch this video. Watch Video
- How to Make a Drag & Drop Fly Cast – Trout like the protection of overhanging trees and brush where it is darn near impossible to reach them with a standard overhead cast. In these situations a Drag & Drop cast may be just what you need. Learn How
- 8 Artisan Fly Tyers And The Flies They Tie That You Need – I love tying my own flies but there’s a limit to what I can (and want) to do. If you are looking to pick up some beautiful miniature works of art (aka flies) here are a few tyers to check out. See List
- 8 Common Mistakes Anglers Make Fighting Trout – Having trouble landing fish? Check out this list of common mistakes that keep fish from landing in your net. Read Article
- [Video] How to Tie a CDC Sulphur Dun Dry Fly – It’s that time of the year when yellow mayflies abound and Davie McPhail has just the ticket to imitate the newly hatched Sulphur duns. Watch Video