Welcome to another “5-Bullet Friday”, in which we feature the best fly fishing & fly tying tips from around the web.
- 4 Tips to Catching Big Trout Down Deep – Fly fishing guide Jake Ricks offers some simple tips to help you get into bigger fish. Read article.
- Standstill While on the Flats & Catch More Fish! – Sounds pretty obvious but Robert Morselli explains why fish in saltwater will actually be attracted to you if you would just stop fidgeting and moving around. Read article.
- 10 Tips to Better Understand Sinking Lines – Confused by all the sinking line lingo? Me too. Read this.
- Reading Rapids: Unlock the Secret River – Gary Borger writes about the secrets to reading waters in an article on Hatch Magazine. “Rapids are tough places to put a fly down and expect it to float with any sort of dead drift,” he writes. “But there are some tricks to it.” Read article.
- [Video] How to Tie the Glossy Back Baetis – Blue-winged Olives are one of the early season hatches that really get trout going. Juan Ramirez shows us how to tie a deep nymph pattern that represents the immature Baetis nymph stage. Pretty cool. Watch the video.