Welcome to another “5-Bullet Friday”, in which we feature the best fly fishing & fly tying tips from around the web.
- [Video] How to Tie a Davy Knot – Learn how to tie a super simple, yet super strong knot for attaching a fly to tippet. This is a great alternative to the clinch knot and much easier to tie. Watch Video.
- 5 Keys to Fly Fishing Success in Late Spring Runoff – When spring snow melt or rain has your favorite river running high and off color, you can still catch fish. Here are a few simple tips to help you catch more fish. Read Tips.
- Fly Tying on a Budget – Tying your own flies is often thought to be more economical than buying. However, materials costs add up quickly. Alan Bulmer offers up some DIY tips on where to find cheap fly tying materials in a recent article on Active Angling New Zealand. Read Article.
- [Guide Tip] – How to Start a Fly Cast – If you are new to fly fishing you may have noticed how much of a pain it can be to get a fly cast started. Louis Cahill provides a few simple tips to help get your fly cast started and the fly headed in the right direction. Read Article.
- [Video] How to Tie a Foam Body Caddis – With the onset of caddis hatches around the country and high water from spring runoff, a high floating, hard to sink caddis pattern comes in handy. Learn how to tie one. Watch Video.