DIY Fly Fishing’s Weekly Tips
Welcome to another “5-Bullet Friday”, in which we feature the best fly fishing & fly tying tips from around the web.
- How to Swing Wet Flies – Swinging wet flies downstream to imitate emerging insects is one of the oldest tricks in the book. It’s also one of the easiest ways to catch trout. Learn more in this article on Fly Fisherman. Read Article
- [Video] How to Mend Fly Line – If you are not familar with how, when or why to mend a fly line, check out this video and article by Tim Lineham via Orvis News. Watch Video
- 7 Easy Steps To Successful Saltwater Fly-Fishing: Video Round-up – Louis Cahill rounds up seven must-see instructional videos for improving your saltwater technique. From casting to strip sets, find the compilation via Gink & Gasoline. Watch Videos
- [Video] How to Get a Stuck Rod Apart – It’s going to happen sooner or later, so you may as well prepare yourself now. via AmberJack Watch Video
- [Video] An Introduction to Fly Tying Dubbing – If dubbing has you confused and befuddled, this short video will help clear things up. Watch Video