Welcome to another '5-Bullet Friday', in which we feature the best fly fishing & fly tying tips from around the web.
- How to Fight Big Fish on a Tenkara Rod - While it’s often viewed as a tool for small streams and small fish, tenkara can be effective for larger fish, too. Louis Cahill has some good advice for fighting big fish on a tenkara rod in a recent piece on Gink and Gasoline. Read it.
- 10 Tips to Improve Your Short Game - Zach Matthews offers up ten simple rigging tricks to help you set up your tackle; from knots to line and gear concepts, that will help you hook up with more fish and then stay connected after the eat via The Itinerant Angler. Read it.
- Top 10 Nymphs for When Trout Aren’t Keying on Anything Specific - When there isn’t a specific insect or hatch fish are honing in on, sometimes the key is to have a fly that is all things to all fish. If such a fly exists, you’ll find it in a recent list of suggestions of nymphs compiled by Bryan Eldredge via Orvis News. Read it.
- Springing Into Action, PreSpawn Smallmouth Bass on the Fly - Michigan Smallmouth guide Kory Boozer provides tips are targeting smallmouth bass when they strap on the feed bag prior to spawning in the spring via Michigan Fly. Read it.
- Mayfly Life Cycle: A Trout's View - Ever wonder what a Mayfly nymph, emerger, dun, and spinner look like from a trout's perspective? Do you know why it's important to know the difference between clingers, crawlers, burrowers and swimmer mayflies? Find out in this video short from Ralph & Lisa Cutter. Watch it.