Welcome to another “5-Bullet Friday”, in which we feature the best fly fishing & fly tying tips from around the web.
- [Video] How to Make a Water Haul Cast – This is probably the cast I use most while nymph fishing. It’s an easy, simple cast that eliminates false casting and gets your flies to where they need to go. via Orvis News Watch Video
- How to Make a Roll Cast Mend – Ever want to fish a soft seam, adjacent to faster water, that’s too far away from you to high-stick and can’t get a drag free drift? A roll cast mend is the answer as illustrated in this article on Gink & Gasoline. Read Article
- [Video] How to Fish a Bass Popper – I grew up spin fishing for bass (still do) and learned pretty quick how to work top water plugs and poppers to drive bass nuts. The same tactics apply when fly fishing for smallmouth or large mouth bass. Learn how is this video from The New Fly Fishers. Watch Video
- NEW Soft-foam Popper / Slider Bodies – While on the topic of bass poppers…Paul Beel offers a look at the new popper body from Flymen Fishing Company. The “Double Barrel” is an innovative soft-foam popper body that can be tied on with the cup facing forward to create popper flies, or tied on in reverse to create slider, diver, and Sneaky Pete style foam flies. Via FrankenFly. Read Article
- [Video] How to Tie the Solomon Hairwing Caddis – This is a classic high-floating, buggy imitation can be tied in any colors you like to match the naturals on your home water. Watch Video